A psionic ability, sometimes abbreviated "PK." This term refers to the ability to manipulate matter via the mind (psycho: mind, kinesis: movement). It was created by parapsychologists to replace the term "telekinesis", as that term means "distance movement", and was considered less accurate.
Psychokinesis is incorrectly used as another name for telekinesis. Whereas telekinesis is specifically moving things with your mind from a distance, psychokinesis encompasses any and all psychic abilities that are visible in and/or have effects on objects in the physical world.
Psychokinesis is the umbrella term for various related specialty abilities, which may include:
- Telekinesis; movement of matter (micro and macro; move, lift, agitate, vibrate, spin, bend, break, or impact)
- Object deformation (including metal softening and bending).
- Influencing events.
- Biological healing.
- Teleportation (disappearing and reappearing elsewhere).
- Phasing through matter.
- Transmutation of matter.
- Energy shield (force field).
- Control of magnetism.
- Control of photons (light waves/particles).
- Thoughtform projection (a physically perceived person, animal, creature, object, ghostly entity, etc., created in the mind and projected into three-dimensional space and observable by others).
Notes and references
- ↑ from en.wikipedia.org